Even Pokémon trainers get caught in unwanted situations when playing Pokémon Go on their mobile devices. What do we mean?
- Two Ventura men plunged off a cliff while playing the game.
- A woman and her daughter were hit by a car while playing the game.
- Drivers have been ticketed for playing the game, or for temporarily pulling over and getting out to catch a Pokémon.
- A young girl came across a dead body while playing the game.
- Two boys came across loaded guns while they were playing.
- A man fell into a lake while he played the game.
- People have called 9-1-1 because they wanted access into a firehouse because there were Pokémon inside.
- Private residents have been bothered by numerous individuals knocking at their door, asking if they can enter their backyard because there is a Pokémon in the yard.
- Game players have also trespassed onto private property to catch a Pokémon.
- Unaware players have been robbed by others who had used the game to trick those unassuming victims.
The game clearly has a few flaws that make even the smartest adults forget about real life situations. Mostly, they are not really flaws of the game itself. The only thing the game has done wrong is be a popular game that brings back childhood memories for most players.
Buena Park Bail Bond Store would like to caution all game players to simply be aware of their surroundings while playing the game. We do not want to have to bail you out of jail because you were playing the game while driving and accidentally hit somebody, or because you trespassed onto private property, but we will. Even if there are Pokémon inside jail, it is not like you can catch them since your phone will be confiscated and returned only when we have bailed you out.